Your mind is racing, you can’t sleep and you can’t focus. You are worried about the future and can’t let go of the past. You know you need to relax, but you’re stuck in a vicious cycle. Does this sound familiar? These can be symptoms of anxiety taking control. Anxiety is a normal part of life, however, at times it can become unmanageable. There is hope!
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. Taking medication may help the symptoms, however, when you work with a counsellor you are treating more than just the symptoms.
If you think you might be struggling with anxiety, reach out! I can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn new strategies so you can relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop stronger coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Anxiety can include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
- Body aches and pains
If you think you may be experiencing anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.